Summary of Services
Information Technology unit has continued to maintain the MoH network system plus provide daily IT support to all officers, and all equipment (Desktops, VOIPs, Printers and hospital systems).
The objectives of IT unit is to maily
- Visited 5 – 6 provinces to provide IT Support to all health users across the country once a year.
- Implement mSupply softwares and other HIS sytems upgrade at VCH, NPH, lenakel and norsup(Hospitals).
- Implement GBN-Goverment Broadband Network connections to all Health dispensary and clinics throughout the country. (Note only 2 have carry out and tested) to be completed.
- Successfully provided a friendly IT service that met the needs of users while severely under staffed (17% staffed). Out of MoH corporate IT positions, 2/4 were staffed, out of IT positions at VCH and NPH, 0/2 were staffed, and out of Provincial IT positions, 0/6 were staffed. Our goal is to successfully advocate for more IT staff in 2018.
- Strengthening our end users to be familiarise with ICT tools, such as telemedicine tools used in islands.
Means of Service Delivery
- Work more closely with OGCIO of improving our network systems throughout the country meaning all hospitals from north to south and all dispensaries to clincs.
- Work closely with our outside partners for funding .(DFAT…etc)
- Lastly work closely with our government to reach our goal at any cost.