Summary of Services
Human Resources Management and Development involves the acquisition, development, reward and motivation, maintenance and departure of an organisations human resources. Certain key HRM&D activities must be undertaken to satisfy these aims: each activity is interrelated and together they represent the core of HRM&D; as listed below
- Performance Appraisals
- Human Resources Development
- Career Planning and development
- Employment motivation
- Industrial relations (Employee relations)
HRM&D is either part of the problem or part of the solution in gaining the productive contributions of people, therefore HRM&D unit recognise that human capital is their most important resource and take action to maximise it by;
- Strengthen the process of human resources management files for an electronic filing systems to mirror paper records.
- Establish various HRM&D polices such as Inductions policy, Code of Conduct, Managing Staff Discipline, HR Guide for Managers and Staff and Standard Operating Procedures
- Improve management of recording and tracking of all kinds of allowances submitted by reporting cost centres.
- Implement a workforce plan based on an approved Public Service Commission (PSC) structure, reflective of Public Health, Corporate and Curative service priorities, addressing both critical workforce requirements and learning and development needs.
- Strengthen HR management functions through proper management of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) and enhanced understanding and enforcement of Public Service Staff Manual (PSSM) regulations across the Ministry of Health.
- Establishment of implementation of MOH organisational Structure.
Means of Service Delivery
Below are some of the means of service delivery that Human resources management and development needs improvement on in the future.
- Improve relationships with provincial managers through supervisory visits
- Improve management of Performance appraisals to be properly tracked by provincial managers and Human resources management
- Re-establishment of accurate human resources information through HRMIS for purpose of monthly reporting and decisions.
- Improve recruitment process as per cost centre gaps